Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



Hi, I have a 2010 Camry basic model (I don't even have a button to open the trunk on the keys - I have to insert the key or use the release mechanism by the driver's seat.) This morning I found the trunk wouldn't open by either method. I can use the key to lock out the trunk (turning counter-clockwise) and return to normal mode but I can't turn more than a quarter turn clockwise.



Using the release by the driver's side seems to work (I can feel a give and hear the mechanism) but the trunk still won't open. Any ideas would be much appreciated.



rodhrrypttr@aol.com

Reply 1 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open




Quote:








Originally Posted by rodhrrypttr
View Post

Hi, I have a 2010 Camry basic model (I don't even have a button to open the trunk on the keys - I have to insert the key or use the release mechanism by the driver's seat.) This morning I found the trunk wouldn't open by either method. I can use the key to lock out the trunk (turning counter-clockwise) and return to normal mode but I can't turn more than a quarter turn clockwise.



Using the release by the driver's side seems to work (I can feel a give and hear the mechanism) but the trunk still won't open. Any ideas would be much appreciated.



rodhrrypttr@aol.com



are you useing the valette key?

Reply 2 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



No - thanks though - I thought of that. A) My key locks the glove box so I'm sure it's the master key and B) the release by the driver's seat doesn't open it either.

Reply 3 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



Assuming you are not using the valet key, and you can turn the lock 90 degrees ccw and 90 degrees cw, then is it possible that you tossed something in the trunk that jammed up the mechanism? Towel or something? Turning the key cw, push down on the top of the trunk and see if you can loosen it, and then if you can get something to give, push up.

Reply 4 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open




Reply 5 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



I fixed the title for ya!

Reply 6 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



Does the back seat fold down?

Reply 7 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open




Quote:








Originally Posted by spp
View Post

Does the back seat fold down?



i was thinking the same thing, but i think the release levers are inside the trunk.........



he could though, open the trunk, release the back seat, close the trunk and try this again however.........!!!!!!!

Reply 8 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



question: my car key dont open the trunk neither lock the glove box, how is this possible? it came with 3 keys from carmax which they're all the same

Reply 9 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



they only thing i can tell you is on my 2007 avalon ( w/ the smart key) there is a small button located on the far left side when you open the glove box and there is a similar button on the camry, when that button is activated, the trunk wont open, so maybe you bumped that switch by accident, check that and let me know if it works

Reply 10 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



no smart key for me

Reply 11 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



i was too poor to add the extra feature of a smart key...if yours is an LE model, climb into the trunk, turn the release bar inside the trunk and push up.

Reply 12 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



That's the point of this, bud. The seat release is in the trunk. The OP has a Catch 22. It might be possible to remove the rear seat cushion, find and remove the bolts that hinge the rear seat back, and drop it out that way. A long way to go to unlock the trunk.

Reply 13 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



my camry doesnt have the smart key system but it still has that button

Reply 14 : 2010 Camry Trunk Won't Open



Yeah don't pry your trunk get some sockets remove your back seat and pull the safety release and see what happens but if you don't have the time for that just drive to the dealer it is a 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment