Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



Ok Ive changed the knock sensor wire and checked everything that could be checked.Its not the knock sensor itself because I had the timing belt off a tooth and it created a knock and the sensor did its job by retarding the timing.So evrythings back together and the timing is dead on,everything seem to be fine and was going down the road and what would you know the power dropped a bit and the engine light came on,CODE 52!So Im getting sick of this and Ive read a number of threads were people had the same problem but I have yet to read of a solutionANYONE PLEASE?????



91 toyota 4runner v6 3.junk(rebuilt)

Reply 1 : Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



westernbound,



You might want to try a new belt. It might be stretched out and keeps jumping the timing. You also may want to try removing the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes and reinstal it and drive and see if the code returns. Let us know what you find.

Reply 2 : Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



Jetwhine,

Its got a new timing belt and Ive had the cables off the battery recently while I was woking on it.Its actually running a lil bit better(better than before the wire was replaced).The light only comes on when I first start driving it(after a breif warmup) I then will stop and restart it and the light will go away and I seem to have most of the power.It still feels like it could have a few more horses.Ive felt the motor when it was running its best.Im gonna try changng the fuel filter and see what happens..

Reply 3 : Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



westernbound,



You might also try the " BG products 44k fuel injector cleaner. Its one of the best on the market. Its not cheap, about $35 per container, but it works great for cleaning the fuel system.

Reply 4 : Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



Westernbound,

So did you find a fix?

I have the exact same problem, changed the knock sensor and wire...same problem?!@#$

Looking at the ECU next, afraid of what the price will be.

Please let me know if you fixed it

Reply 5 : Code 52!!!no Power!!!!!!



Go to yota tech and go to the 86-95 truck and suv forum and look for a thread labled power loss!!code 52!! Posted on 8/25/2010 I posted the fix on there but read from the begining of thread to the end its two pages...my fixed worked for me and is still workin...sorry I coulndt post link to the page on here but I'm moble and my phone only does so muh...good luckc

No comments:

Post a Comment