Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maintenance: Brakes at 4MM



Hi Guys,



took my car in for an oil change at 52k and was told my brakes are at 4MM...



now, i asked how good/bad that is.. and didn't really get a solid answer.



the manager is a good friend, and knows my lease is due back in may, so he didn't stress the Brake change.



but here's my question for Toyota nation:



is 4mm good? bad? cause for concern?... let me know.

Reply 1 : Maintenance: Brakes at 4MM



4mm isn't bad.You have a ways to go before you reach metal.

Though, if you do alot of city driving, you may need brakes before May. Alot too, depends on your driving habits.

Reply 2 : Maintenance: Brakes at 4MM



52k and only at 4MM? Wow, I wish I could get my brakes to last that long.....they say to replace brakes at 2MM. Once you reach 1MM you really can't see any of the pad left.

Reply 3 : Maintenance: Brakes at 4MM



well if those are the original pads on the car thats dam good, alot of high way driving? but 4 mm is about 2 quarters stacked on each. Just have them them check next oil change or 5k miles and you should be good

No comments:

Post a Comment