Tuesday, March 22, 2011

89 dually to 85 1/2 ton



has anybody tried to put 89 and up dually frony suspension onto 88 below 1/2 ton. it seems to me spindles of of the 89 up 1/2 tons are interchangable. I would like to change out everything from torsion rods out if i could. but would settle for a arms out with air bags. anybodies thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. the parts truck is hard rollover that can get dirt cheap but haven't bought yet

Reply 1 : 89 dually to 85 1/2 ton



I swapped a one ton suspension on to my 2WD but it was from an 85. The only thing that might be different would be the length of the torsion bars, but I would imagine they are also the same. A tape measure could answer that issue. Very little changed on these trucks back then besides the sheet metal and interiors. I have pulled mechanical parts off of 90's trucks that were identical to my 86.

No comments:

Post a Comment