Sunday, March 20, 2011

22re VS. V6



Which of these engines are better in your opinion? I am thinking for wheeling/daily driver.

Reply 1 : 22re VS. V6



Care to be a bit more vague?

Reply 2 : 22re VS. V6



The v6 is overrated, while a good engine the mileage is terrible and power comes in at too high rpms. I have a v6 and I'd get a L4 if I were to buy another one.

Reply 3 : 22re VS. V6



If you are only looking at a daily driver and no hauling or towing, In my Opinion, the 22R/22REC was one of Toyota's best engines. Not much on power or speed, but dependable and durable and easy to work on.

Reply 4 : 22re VS. V6



I have had several, of each. Love the 4 cyl but get more utility out of the V6. If I wanted great gas mileage I would get the 4cyl but only in 2wd.

Reply 5 : 22re VS. V6



Depends on your needs.



For your use the 4-cyl would probably be "best". Good gas mileage when used as a commuter car, and a reliable, dependable engine.



But it has only 3,500 pounds tow rating. That's not much. In my case I need the 6,500 pounds tow rating of the V6 with the V6 tow pkg, so that's what I'll buy soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment