Friday, March 18, 2011

THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



Hey guys, I haven't been around here in a while now; its just that work has been ridiculous the last 2 to 3 months. anyway, I'm starting to have time to work on the car again and I realized that the current setup that I had with the 20x8.5 wheels aren't really the most "flushed to the wheel wells" setup for our 2011 Sienna and the wheels look somewhat skinny for the car...so I did some more research on the car and what can work and guess what..... I FINALLY GOT IT!! I ordered another set of the same wheels of the ones I got but expanded to 9.5 and with crazy offsets...



the specs:

ADR M CLASSICS silver

Front: 20x9.5 +35 offset plus 10mm spacer = +25 offset with 245 45 20 stretched tires



Rear: 20x9.5 +25 offset plus 15mm spacer = +10 offset with 245 45 20 stretched tires



Let me tell you guys...with this setup, the car virtually has NO LEAN whatsoever and drives like a mother effin dream!! it's as stable as my close friend's evo (of course who am I kidding but it's oh so close!!)....Some of you guys might wonder why I went with the 245 series tires....it's because I wanted a stiffer sidewall and a stretched look while also allowing the tires to tuck in the wheel wells. KEEP IN MIND that I do have the SE springs on so this setup WILL also work with the SE models.





























THERE YOU GO GUYS!!! hope this helps you get a better idea of how far you guys can go and let me tell you when you open the sliding doors, the space between the tires and the doors are probably only no more than 3 to 4 inches...more than enough! haha.

For some reason when i take pics of the car on my garage the fender gaps get bigger but if placed on a flat level, the fender gap is perfect for a minivan. CHEERS!!



GO GIANTS!!

Reply 1 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



cant wait to see the pics

Reply 2 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



you the driver, sure enjoy the drive. What about the rest of the folks who seat there? Any compliant from them about the stiffer ride?



Do you think this setup will lower your mpg?

Reply 3 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



hey grand...actually the SE spring's spring rates are specifically customized for the car so the ride is noticeably stiffer but more like BMW or euro stiff not track car stiff ......let me just say that people still fall asleep when i drive in this setup hahah....of course every time you have more footprint on the road you will have more friction thus less mpg but not substantial maybe 1/2 mpg less.... CHEERS!

Reply 4 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



thanks for the followup cap



didn't realize the van can take such aggressive fitment




Quote:








Originally Posted by grandpapa
View Post

you the driver, sure enjoy the drive. What about the rest of the folks who seat there? Any compliant from them about the stiffer ride?



Do you think this setup will lower your mpg?



My wife and kids don't complain about the firm ride of the se.....I asked several times. I even ask the 3rd row passengers and no complaints from them either.

We have lexus in the household and talk about buttery soft suspension so we can definitely say the ride isn't harsh at all on the van.



As a matter of fact, my sister just picked up a venza with the 19" wheels and let me tell you, that is definitely more stiffer than the SE van.



yes, this set up will lower your mpg b/c you will enjoy driving it more and pushing it a little harder

Reply 5 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



looks good! just wish there was a cheap way to lower the sienna without going with an airbag system to eliminate some of the gap. :/

Reply 6 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



haha i get what you're trying to get at, but it is a van ACS and you know we definitely need some of that fender gap. FYI, the gap does lessen a lot more when i leave the garage its just that when i take pics with it on the garage, it tilts back and raises the gap more. when there are people inside the van the gap becomes only around 3 finger gap.



No problem GS3tek!

Reply 7 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



next time you take pics, load your family up before hand.

Reply 8 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



so what trim is your van

it has XLE on the back door

but SE rear light

and I don't see the antenna

Reply 9 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



hey grand, its really an XLE with the SE taillights on there. I fell in love with the SE's taillights the moment I saw them, but though I also liked the SE as a whole, there were more important things that I wanted like the leather and the navi and DVD for the kids and their needs upholds mine. I did put SE springs and the tails on so I still get the drive I want and keep the kids busy. I'm actually thinking of debadging it and maybe putting a TRD badge instead since the trim really isnt SE nor XLE anymore haha. Though I like the SE's aggresive fascia, I kind of eventially figured it was a little too playful for me. I liked the XLE's more conservative, more "daddy" like look hahah

Reply 10 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



debadge it and put TRD will make it one of a kind

so with NAV, you don't have the ugly antenna?

Reply 11 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



XLEs and Limiteds dont have the antenna (its in the glass).. still dont get why they did that to the SE

Reply 12 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna




Quote:








Originally Posted by Tracksyde
View Post

XLEs and Limiteds dont have the antenna (its in the glass).. still dont get why they did that to the SE



No - it's part of the upgraded audio system. My XLE has the ugly mast.

It's hard to believe that it's not cheaper to have the same antenna on all the Siennas, that mast is hideous.

Reply 13 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



yeha I heard you have to have the NAV to make the antenna "disappear" haha.... I WILL PUT TRD BADGE man will follow your advice grandpapa!

Reply 14 : THE MOST FLUSHED OFFSET for your '11 Sienna



i really like the mud flaps



edit: i am looking for a set of these rims.

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_wheel-tf4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment