Friday, March 18, 2011

Heat shield almost caught fire 05' sport



any1 ever have their catback heatshield light on fire or almost light on fire?

i drove to easton p.a. (40miles from my home) and when i arrived at my destination, my car was smoking and when i inspected the car to find the cause, i discovered my heatshield was burning, and had red embers. I put the embers out but now most of my shield is missing.



Any1 else have this happen?



Also, is it a huge problem to not have a heatshield there? it doesnt seem to be protecting anything to begin with.

Reply 1 : Heat shield almost caught fire 05' sport



You cat is clogged or your truck is running very rich. That would be the reason it got so hot. If the heat shield already melted then whatever is behind it is next. Fix whatever is causing the problem and replace heat sheild ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment