Friday, March 25, 2011

HID dissapointmnet...



So I have 6k on my low beam and installed 3k on my fogs trying to get that JDM look. Turns out, the fogs look just like my stock bulbs except they have that bright yellow light which is what i wanted. But I was looking for both, the brightness and JDM look... Any other 3K fogs I could use to get that look? Would appreciate the help!












Reply 1 : HID dissapointmnet...



Did you re-aim your headlights? Looks like they are aiming too low, maybe just the angle of the pictures.



Since day one, we have been telling people, HID won't perform well on stock halogen reflector housings, not to mention it brings alot of glare to you and other drivers on the road. Retro fit projector is the only way to go if you go HID.



To achieve the JDM look, you don't really need HID.



My setup, mtec super white on lowbeam and nokya hyper yellow on fog. I am more than happy with the output and color.

Reply 2 : HID dissapointmnet...



Using a HID setup in a housing that was designed as a halogen reflector type is not going to put the light where you want it. These will help ----->

Amazon Amazon

Reply 3 : HID dissapointmnet...




Quote:








Originally Posted by shotgunjimmy
View Post

Using a HID setup in a housing that was designed as a halogen reflector type is not going to put the light where you want it. These will help -----> http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-Arctic-Y.../dp/B0013JDW5M



That's the bulbs I have & I love them for the fogs. They have a great beam pattern & the yellow output I wanted.

Reply 4 : HID dissapointmnet...



thanks, I'm getting them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment